The vaccine roll out and England's lockdown roadmap are offering a glimmer of hope for those wanting to plan a getaway - but the ongoing uncertainty in the pandemic don't exactly make it tempting to book right now. The good news is that there are plenty of deals to be had which you can secure now, without needing to immediately commit to a trip. Red Letter Days and Buyagift both have a number of romantic minibreaks you can book from GBP99 - and because they're vouchers, you can bag the offer and then plan your trip and dates later. (If Covid means you're unable to use the voucher, you may be able to extend its validity - check the T&Cs before buying).
In fact, the two voucher websites have noted spikes in searches for their romantic getaways from glamping weekends to spa breaks, since England's lockdown roadmap was announced in February. We take a look at some of the top deals to be had depending on whether you're after a glamping weekend, spa break or a hotel getaway - check out our top picks below.
Top deals on glamping breaksGlamping is ideal for those who want to camp but with some luxuries (Image: E+)
According to Buyagift data, searches for Glamping experiences have surged by 88% year-on-year, while Red Letter Days has noted a 337% spike in sales of its experiences since the start of March. Check out some of the top glamping deals below...
- Two-night glamping break from GBP99 : Stay two nights at a glamping site from a pod to a timber tent.
Various UK locations included, voucher valid for up to 20 months. Based on two people staying.
- Two-night break from GBP99 : Stay two nights in glamping accommodation with a choice of 31 UK locations including Devon and Cumbria. Based on two people staying.
- Glamping break with hot tub from GBP99 : Includes an overnight stay at the Woodland Escape in Somerset in a tent or yurt with a private hot tub.
Perks include a bottle of fizz, double bed and bath robes. Voucher valid for up to 20 months. Based on two people staying.
Top deals on spa breaksA spa break can be the perfect place for post-lockdown destressing (Image: Getty Images/iStockphoto)
Spas in England are set to reopen from April 12 at the earliest, although it's worth noting that saunas and steam rooms won't be able to reopen until May.
- Overnight relaxation break from GBP129 : Includes overnight stay, breakfast and access to spa and facilities.
Choice of UK hotels. Voucher valid for up to 20 months. Based on two people sharing a room.
Treatments not included.
- Overnight stay from GBP139.99 : Includes an overnight stay and access to spa facilities and breakfast. Various UK locations included. Based on two people sharing a room.
- Overnight stay with treatment from GBP249 : Includes an overnight stay at the Greenwoods Hotel and Spa in Essex, breakfast, three-course dinner at the Rosewood Restaurant, 20-minute treatment each and full access to the spa and facilities.
- Overnight stay with treatments from GBP299 : Includes an overnight stay at the Rowhill Grange in Dartford, breakfast, full access to spa facilities, and a 25-minute back, neck and shoulder massage each.
Also includes allocation of GBP35pp for dinner. Voucher valid for up to 20 months. Based on two people sharing a room.
Top deals on hotel staysLooking for deals for a romantic getaway? (Image: Getty)
- Two-night breaks from GBP99 : Includes two nights at a hotel of choice from select list, and breakfast.
Based on two people sharing a room.
- Deluxe two-night breaks from GBP139 : Includes two nights at a deluxe hotel of choice from select list, and breakfast. Based on two people sharing a room.
- Deluxe two-night break with dinner from GBP179 : Includes two nights at a hotel with breakfast, and dinner on your first night. Voucher is valid for 20 months and can be used in both the UK and Europe.
- Two-night Lake District break from GBP199 : Includes two nights at at a choice of 4* and 5* hotels in the Lake District with choice of room only, breakfast or half board options.
Voucher valid for 20 months. Based on two people sharing a room.
- Five-night Devon break from GBP369 : Includes five nights at a choice of 3-5* hotels in Devon with room only, breakfast or half board options. Based on two people sharing a room.
Looking for more inspiration?
Get more travel inspiration and news
The Mirror's travel newsletter brings you the latest news and expert analysis from across the industry, as well as plenty of travel inspiration.
Our travel experts also seek out the best deals whether for UK holidays or abroad. It will be sent to your inbox twice a week, so sign up here We have a guide to the UK's best romantic destinations as well as our pick of the top romantic hotels if you're looking to plan a weekend minibreak.
Where's your favourite destination for a romantic getaway in the UK?
Let us know in the comments below.